Fall is a fantastic time to visit Italy - crowds are thinning, the heat of summer is gone, and fall foods like mushrooms and truffles make for great cuisine. Here's a sampling of special one week tours and workshops in fall 2012. Registration deadlines are coming up soon, so now is a good time to make your fall plans.
- Golden Week in Tuscany for Women Only with Susan Van Allen, author of 100 Places in Italy Every Woman Should Go.
- Yoga and Photography Workshop, Being and Seeing in Tuscany, in a villa near Lucca with Iyengar instructor Vicki Vollmer, includes excursions.
- Amalfi Coast Writer's Workshop and Cooking with Elizabeth Berg and Cooking Vacations in the picturesque town of Positano.
- Cooking and Amarone Wine Tour in northern Italy's Veneto region including cooking classes, touring, and wine tastings with Mama Margaret and a local guide from one of the wine estates you'll visit.
- Gastronomic Traditions of Le Marche in Monteconero includes cooking classes, wine, and market visits as well as excursions in this often overlooked but very interesting region.