Going to a mass presided over by the Pope at Saint Peter's Basilica is a highlight of a visit to Rome during Christmas season. Because these masses are so popular, tickets are required, and should be reserved in advance. While the tickets are free, reserving them can be a hassle. Select Italy recently added Vatican mass ticket booking for these special masses at Saint Peter's Basilica:
- December 1: First Vespers of Advent
- December 24: Christmas Eve Mass
- December 31: New Year's Eve Vespers
- January 1: New Year's Day Mass
- January 6: Feast of the Epiphany Mass
The Pope holds regular Papal Audiences on Wednesdays. These tickets are also free but Papal Audience Tickets can also be booked through Select Italy for a fee.