Yes, Cortona is the setting for "Under the Tuscan Sun." People I've talked to who live here can't really explain their attraction to friends who've never lived in Italy. Waking up, throwing open the shutters to the slant of sun in a piazza where merchants are setting up for business, having your morning cappuccino in a bar where the barista knows your name--how do you explain living in Cortona?
Enjoy these Cortona pictures. Click each picture to see it full size. Then check out our Cortona Visitors Guide -- and then, if it suits you, plan a trip to Cortona.
- Picture of a gate leading from the Piazza della Repubblica in Cortonacortona picture, city gate, piazza della repubblica, cortona
- Picture of a narrow, winding steet in Cortona. cortona picture, street
- Picture of medieval buildings lining the Piazza della Repubblica.cortona picture, piazza della repubblica
- Picture of the clock tower in Piazza della Repubblica in Cortona.cortona picture, clock tower, piazza della repubblica
- Picture of the sign for Trattoria Tacconi in Cortona.cortona picture, trattoria tacconi
- Picture of the Church of Santa Maria on the outskirts of Cortona.cortona pictures, santa maria, church
- As the summer sun sets in Cortona, folks gather on the stairscortona, picture, photo
- Picture of a narrow passageway in Cortona.cortona picture, narrow passageway
- Graphic Index
- Text Index