The Bottom Line
- Great recommendations for friendly, family-run cafes and bars
- Beautiful black-and-white and color photographs
- Cafe Life Rome makes you want to head to straight to the cafes of Rome
- Book is a little heavy to carry around easily - best read before you go
- Joe Wolff tells interesting stories about the cafes, their owners, and the neighborhoods.
- Beautiful black-and-white and color photographs capture the essence of Rome cafe life.
- 22 cafes or bars are listed in 9 neighborhoods with information about both the cafe and the area.
Guide Review - Cafe Life Rome Book Review
Joe and Roger take the reader to 22 friendly, family-run cafes and bars in nine of Rome's popular neighborhoods. Joe tells stories about the family, the history of the cafe, and the neighborhood. Roger's pictures beautifully illustrate the cafes, the people, and Rome.
My first thought was only 22 cafes? But really, how many cafes are you going to visit in Rome. By following Joe's advice, you can avoid being overcharged in a tourist-trap cafe or going somewhere that you might feel out of place. These cafes will help you experience real cafe life in Rome.