The OMNIA Vatican and Rome Card is a sightseeing pass for Vatican City and Rome attractions. With the card, visitors enter major sites and museums without having to wait in line. The pass includes audio-guides, tourist medical assistance, and use of public transportation and an open sight-seeing bus.
Sight-seeing with the Vatican and Rome Card
The OMNIA pass includes free admission to several sights, with no waiting in line, and reduced admission to many others for a period of three days starting from the validation date. For some entrances you will need to meet at a designated place at given times, noted on the web site and the information that comes with your card.
Admission and entry with no line:
- Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Gardens OR Saint Peter's Basilica
- Roman Colosseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Cloister and Basilica of Saint John Lateran, Rome's cathedral
- Saint Peter's Prison
Additional Optional Sites - the card covers admission to one site or museum and discounts on admission for any others you choose to visit from the list that includes:
- 16 archeological sites, including Trajan's Market, Appian Way, Ostia Antica, and archeological museums.
- Modern Museums and Galleries including Borghese Gallery (booking required), Capitoline Museums, and Castel Sant' Angelo.
- Contemporary and Scientific Museums
- Complete listing of included sites
Transportation Using the Vatican and Rome Card
With the OMNIA card, visitors have unlimited use of Rome's bus and metro system by validating the pass at designated turnstiles and ticket machines (explained with the pass).
The pass allows visitors to use the Roma Christiana Open Bus by showing the pass to the driver. The buses are equipped with audio guides in 8 languages. A complete sight-seeing circuit is 1.5 hours but visitors can get off and on at any of 11 stops by major monuments and sights as often as they wish.
OMNIA Vatican and Rome Card Information
Also included with the sightseeing pass:
- four mp3 audio guide itineraries with map
- map showing meeting points, Open Bus drop-off points, main monuments and sights, and subway routes
- Guide to what's covered with the card
- Medical assistance services with reduced price for multilingual Tourist’s Medical Assistance and free call center.
- Call center for questions or assistance with the pass
The OMNIA Vatican and Rome Sightseeing Card is operated by Opera Romana Pellegrinaggi, an organization that has assisted pilgrims arriving to Vatican City and Rome for 77 years.
Cards can be purchased online or directly at pick-up points including Termini train station and Fiumicino Airport. See How to Purchase for details.
Web Site: See Omnia Vatican and Rome for updated information about the sightseeing card, cost and what's included.
Vatican City and Rome Attractions
You'll find detailed information about most of these sights in our articles: