The Colosseum is one of the best Ancient Sites in Rome. The ticket line can be long. Read Tips for Buying Rome Colosseum Tickets for ways to avoid the long line.
There is an elevator in the Colosseum enabling those with limited ability to walk up stairs to enjoy the Colosseum.
Outside the Colosseum you'll find good photo ops with people dressed as Gladiators during peak times, but you'll have to pay them for posing. Of course there are a number of souvenir vendors, too.
Enjoy our Roman Colosseum Pictures. Click each picture thumbnail to see it full size.
- The exterior of the Roman Colosseum and its archesroman colosseum picture, exterior arches
- Roman Colosseum Interior Picturecolosseum picture, interior
- People entering the Colosseum grounds; you enter straight ahead in the pictureroman colosseum picture, rome colosseum exterior
- Picture of the main passageway in the Colosseum's Floor or Hypogeumcolosseum picture, roman colosseum, floor, hypogeum
- Like real Roman Gladiators, they'll do just about anything for money...roman gladiators, roman gladiator picture, colosseum, picture
- The Highest Point in the Colosseum in Modern Timescolosseum picture, interior
- A Frieze on display at the Colosseum in Romeroman colosseum picture, frieze
- A plaque on display at the Colosseum in Rome, Italyrome colosseum picture, plaque, roman writing
- A statue of Socrates, the Greek Philosopher, on Display in Rome's Colosseumcolosseum picture, statue, socrates, socrates statue, picture
- View of the arena or Roman Colosseum arena picture, roman colosseum, arch picture
- View of the Arena through an arch at the Colosseum in Rome, Italyroman colosseum, colosseum picture, arch, archway
- Entering the lower level of the Colosseumroman colosseum, passageway, colosseum picture, rome
- Graphic Index
- Text Index