Name of Your Italy Blog
Between the Mountains and the Sea
Your Blog URL
What do you write about in your blog?
I write primarily about Genoa (Genova) but also about the province of Liguria, in particular the Italian Riviera. We are Americans who have retiried to Italy, with all of the culture shock that suggests. I also write about food and cooking, yarn and knitting, adapting to a new way of life, what its like to be an Italo-Americana in Italy. I am particularly interested in the history and architecture of the city and the surrounding areas and write a great deal about both.
Why Did You Start Your Blog?
January 2010. When we began to settle in to our new life I needed to start writing about my discoveries. Originally, it was designed for family and friends, but there are so many unexpected things that really need to be shared since so little is written about this beautiful part of Italy.
A friend recommended Blogspot so off I went.
- Come and visit this amazing and unanticipated city. You won't find much, if anything, about it in tourist guide books, but if you take the time to explore, you will find a unique and compelling city, worthy of your time. In Genova you can find:
- the largest surviving medieval center in Europe
- the home of Christopher Columbus
- one of the world's great aquariums
- real pesto made with real Ligurian basil